Your Tax Deadlines For DecemberNovember 30, 2016
Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation is in the News – Will it Apply to You?November 30, 2016
This year’s new minimum wages for all domestic workers are set out in the table at the end of this article.
Who is covered?
- All domestic workers in South Africa working in a private household
- People employed by employment services
- Independent contractors who are doing domestic work
- A person doing gardening in a private home
- People who look after children, sick or old people and people with disabilities in a private home
- A person driving for the household
But excluding –
- Domestic workers employed on farms
- Domestic workers employed in activities covered by another sectoral determination or bargaining council agreement (such as contract cleaning workers).
Are you in Area A or Area B?
Area A includes most major metropolitan areas; Area B is all other areas. See the full lists on the Department of Labour website.